Random musings about my life, articles, news, interactive media, and God.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Car Accident and then Grateful

I was in a car accident on Tuesday night. A guy blew a stop sign and basically t-boned me. Luckily he caught the drivers side back seat door and trunk panel. When he hit me I spun around for what seemed like a 360, but may have been that and then a 180. It's all kind of a blur. I went to the ER and of course was diagnosed with whip lash. As today went on my pain has gotten much worse and I fear there is a pinched nerve going on somewhere. I was incredibly lucky on many accounts, the first being he didn't hit my door, the second being that there were no other cars around when I spun around.

And the third and by far most important way that I'm lucky is because of my friends. I cannot believe the out pouring support I've had from all of my friends. I would first like to thank my friend Jen, she showed up on the scene within ten minutes and sat in the ER with me for three hours. She brought us food while we waited on the Dr. and asked all the right questions. She was pushy when she needed to be. When she came back with the food, she brought Val in with her. Val was comedic relief that we all needed. It was so great of her to stop by and show her support and making us laugh by spilling tacos all over the floor. It was so great to have two friends in the room with me. I cannot thank Jen enough for grilling the cop, the ER doctor and for just sitting with me in the waiting room.

And cheers to Becky for coming over tonight and making dinner. She wouldn't let me do anything even though I felt so bad just laying on the couch. She made her amazing sloppy joes, a ceasar salad and just hung out with me. After all that she cleaned my kitchen and even hand washed the dishes so that I wouldn't have to run my dishwasher and then unload it. And even after that she freakin took out my trash, and even emptied my bathroom trash. I am so blessed to have someone like that come over and be with me.

Cheers to all my other friends who have called many times to offer their condolences and to offer to help me whenever I need it. Even though I am in a great deal of pain I feel as though the love and support I have makes it easier to manage. I am truly blessed on so many levels. I wonder how did I come to deserve all of this. I used to be such a bad friend and I still question whether or not I'm a good friend. And seeing this out pouring of support from everyone makes me want to be an even better friend.

So here's to you my dearest friends for your endless support and love. I love you all from the bottom of my heart and am grateful on so many levels for I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment